We’ve built our company on a brand that’s been an integral part of the American home since 1924—a brand deeply committed to a greater quality of life for individuals, families and communities. The Better Homes and Gardens brand enjoys 97% awareness among women in the United States. The brand touches 40 million people every month, including 1 in 6 adults, 1 in 5 homeowners and 1 in 4 women.
Generations of people turn to Better Homes and Gardens every day for the latest in design trends, recipes, outdoor style and information to help create a more rich and stylish life. As such, we are the only brand in real estate that is a relevant, meaningful part of consumers’ lives 365 days a year—not just when they are thinking of buying or selling a home.
Brokers and agents who are part of the Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate family benefit from the universal awareness of Better Homes and Gardens, and the consumer trust that comes along with the brand. We believe affiliation with this iconic brand can have a significant, positive impact on your business through a brand extension that brings a refreshing, stylish and original approach to real estate and most importantly, the lives people live in their homes.
We offer a complete and integrated marketing strategy that includes:
• Special listing and marketing programs for the luxury, urban and commercial markets
• An award-winning lifestyle website, bhgrealestate.com, that offers innovative listing and community search, real estate trend information, planning tools and unique lifestyle content
• Leads to this site are driven by our extensive online marketing strategy, including paid search campaigns through top search engines, display advertising, exclusive content partnerships with entities such as FlipBoard®, the world’s only social magazine read by 5 million people, national consumer promotions, and our social media strategies
• A unique iPhone® application, TownSelect, that helps consumers share their home search process with their social network as well as find office, agent and community information
• A dedicated real estate section on the Better Homes and Gardens website, bhg.com, that has more than 7 million visitors each month
• A reality TV show, Home First Home, airing on The Better Show in 150 markets across the country. Our show features real agents and consumers of our brand and has been designed to educate, entertain and build brand awareness
• An email marketing campaign to more than 800,000 brand-loyal consumers merchandising our lifestyle content, social media channels and website to drive leads back to our brokers
• Print ads in Better Homes and Gardens magazine, the number one lifestyle publication with nearly 40 million readers
• A specialized luxury marketing program, including advertising, online marketing, and content tailored to build brand awareness and generate leads among luxury homeowners
• The industry’s most comprehensive social media strategy, which includes unique content tailored for consumers and the industry. Across Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and our innovative blog, The Clean Slate, our brand enjoys more than 50,000 highly engaged fans and followers
• Thought leadership platforms such as the creation of The Beta Brokerage Project, an index of innovative companies across real estate who are rewriting best practices through new marketing, social media, and business management practices. Our goal is to organize and highlight best practices that will benefit everyone in the industry
• A far-reaching Public Relations strategy that has earned us and our brokers millions of dollars of ad equivalency in outlets including Fox Business, the Wall Street Journal, CNBC, The New York Post, businessweek.com, Bloomberg, Reuters and many others*
• An extensive industry marketing campaign—including event marketing and advertising—to grow our network and provide talent attraction leads to our brokers
• Marquis presence at industry events including Inman Real Estate Connect, The Realty Alliance, Gathering of Eagles, NAR and many others
• Brand events designed to strengthen relationships among brokers and agents in our network, including our brand conference, Fusion, and our annual Owners’ Retreat
*Kwittken & Company Summary Report based on publications and media outlets published ad rates.
Why national marketing helps you locally
• Exclusive use of advertising templates, lifestyle content, articles, videos, social media content, and photography to save you time and money in the development of your local marketing strategies
• Exclusive industry access to PinPoint, a database of 100 million Meredith consumers that allows our brokers and agents to conduct direct marketing campaigns to top consumer segments including first-time homebuyers, luxury homebuyers, empty nesters, and many other profiles
• Access to our PR toolkit, including professional press release templates and best practice tips to help save you time and money as you build your company’s awareness and thought leadership in your local market
• A full suite of online, print and property marketing templates designed to drive your business
• Our brokers have exclusive use of our office design prototypes, envisioned and created by leading stylists and designers at Better Homes and Gardens, and tailored for offices located in any market, including luxury and urban locations
• Branded direct marketing campaigns for agents’ use leveraging our Home First Home series, Do-it-Yourself series, Power of Color content, and countless other topics designed to help your team build and strengthen relationships with its sphere of influence